OpenVPN for QNX6
OpenVPN is a free and open source virtual private network (VPN) program for creating point-to-point or server-to-multiclient encrypted tunnels between host computers. It is capable of establishing direct links between computers across network address translators (NATs) and firewalls. It was written by James Yonan and is published under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
OpenVPN uses the OpenSSL library to provide encryption of both the data and control channels. It lets OpenSSL do all the encryption and authentication work, allowing OpenVPN to use all the ciphers available in the OpenSSL package. It can also use the HMAC packet authentication feature to add an additional layer of security to the connection (referred to as an "HMAC Firewall" by the creator). It can also use hardware acceleration to get better encryption performance.Features of OpenVPN
- Tunnel any IP subnetwork or virtual ethernet adapter over a single UDP or TCP port.
- Configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm using one or more machines which can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients.
- Use all of the encryption, authentication, and certification features of the OpenSSL library to protect your private network traffic as it transits the internet.
- Use real-time adaptive link compression and traffic-shaping to manage link bandwidth utilization.
- Tunnel networks over NAT.
- Create secure ethernet bridges using virtual tap devices.
OpenVPN can works in the QNX6 via devnp-qtap.so driver.
Supplemental information: OpenVPN home site
- OpenVPN 2.1.1 for QNX 6.4.1 x86
- OpenVPN 2.1.1 for QNX 6.4.1 ppcbe
- OpenVPN 2.1.1 source for QNX6
# cd /
# tar jxf openvpn-2.1.1-qnx641-bin.tar.bz2
After installing the software documentation for OpenVPN is located in the directory /usr/share/doc/openvpn, sample configuration files - /usr/share/doc/openvpn/sample-config-files.